Tim Mulrooney, equity research analyst at William Blair, returned to The Boardroom Buzz to discuss the pending acquisition of Terminix by Rentokil.
“I was very surprised. I think investors were very surprised. I know Rentokil shareholders were very surprised…but maybe we shouldn’t have been,” said Mulrooney.
Co-host, Paul Giannamore, Potomac Pest Control Group, added, “No matter what we say in the pest control industry about the Terminix brand, it is a phenomenal brand. And I would argue probably one of the best brands, at least from a consumer-facing perspective.”
Other topics discussed included:
• The potential synergies of the transaction
• The structure and valuation of the deal
• Potential shareholder vote issues
• Other potential suitors for Terminix
• Potential solutions to possible antitrust issues in the US and Europe
Co-hosts of The Boardroom Buzz, Giannamore and Patrick Baldwin, dive deep with Mulrooney to discuss regulatory issues – such as the national accounts business – that could derail the deal.