Are you looking to raise your company’s online marketing image through customer reviews? The process can be beneficial to your business as well as enhance the customer-centric culture all of you are working hard to build.
There are some dos and don’ts you want be aware of as you look to gather more customer reviews:
- DO make it easy for your client to leave you a review.
- DO have ALL members of your team send out invites to your clients — early and often.
- DO publicly celebrate your team members who are excelling at collecting reviews.
- DO train new hires on your review-collecting process and policy early in the training process.
- DO encourage your team members to speak with their clients about reviews and how they can affect “their” business.
- DO remember you get the last word.
- DO NOT reward clients for leaving reviews. Google frowns on doing so.
- DO NOT solicit good reviews over bad reviews.
- DO NOT let your employees make excuses as to why they cannot solicit reviews.
- DO NOT take negative reviews personally.
Editor’s note: This content is excerpted from the October 2020 PCT article “Improving Online Reviews.” Read the full article here.